By John Horton,Helder Vasconcelos,Raul Portales
Develop your individual responsive, reactive, and ready-to-deploy Android applications
About This Book
- Kick-start your Android programming occupation or simply have a good time publishing apps to the Google Play marketplace
- Explore the high-level Android asynchronous constructs to be had at the Android SDK
- Learn the internals of a video game engine by way of development one
Who This e-book Is For
If you're an iOS developer or the other developer/programmer and also you are looking to try out your palms on constructing purposes at the Android platform, this direction is for you. No earlier programming event is required as this direction will consultant you correct from the start to the complicated suggestions of Android programming.
What you are going to Learn
- Mastering the basics of coding Java for Android
- Installing and developing your Android improvement environment
- Building sensible person interfaces with the Android Studio visible designer
- Adding person interplay, info captures, sound, and animation on your apps
- Managing your apps' info utilizing the integrated Android SQLite database
- Getting accustomed to the android method version and low-level concurrent constructs added via the Android SDK
- Interacting with within sight units over Bluetooth and WiFi communications channels
- Creating and composing projects with RxJava to execute advanced asynchronous paintings in a predictable way
- Handling consumer inputs, from digital joysticks to gamepads
- Implementing collision detection utilizing diversified thoughts and notice the way to optimize it for complicated games
- Building, deploying, and publishing actual Android functions to the Google Play marketplace
Android is the most well-liked OS on the planet. there are literally thousands of units having access to tens of hundreds of thousands of purposes. it's many people's access aspect into the realm of know-how. The Android: Programming for builders direction will take you on a trip to develop into a good Android programmer by means of completely knowing the major recommendations of Android programming and strengthen market-ready applications.
The path starts off with assisting you create Android purposes from scratch. the 1st module, Android Programming for rookies, introduces you to all of the primary techniques of programming in an Android context, from the Java fundamentals to operating with the Android API. on the crowning glory of this module, you will be able to begin development your personal customized purposes in Android and Java.
After getting acquainted with the elemental programming techniques, the second one module, Asynchronous Android Programming, indicates you the way to make your functions extra trustworthy. it will be completed utilizing high-level and complex asynchronous ideas and ideas. via this module, you'll discover ways to build scalable and performant purposes to use multi-thread asynchronous techniques.
With a superb grab at the fundamentals, you progress at the ultimate module, gaining knowledge of Android video game improvement. This innovative module may also help you learn how to use animations and particle platforms to supply a wealthy adventure. by way of the tip of the path, you'll create attractive, responsive, and reusable UIs via profiting from the Android SDK.
Style and approach
The finished path will run you thru the elemental options for newcomers, circulation directly to the UI layout, educate you online game improvement on Android, and eventually make you educated in program improvement on Android. every one of those points has been lined in person modules that can assist you improve your talents after the of completion of a module and prepare for the next.
Read or Download Android: Programming for Developers PDF
Best computer games programming books
So that it will increase your game’s adventure with physics-based realism, the elevated variation of this vintage publication info physics rules appropriate to online game improvement. You’ll know about collisions, explosions, sound, projectiles, and different results utilized in video games on Wii, PlayStation, Xbox, smartphones, and pills.
Grasp the foundations and Vocabulary of video game layout Why aren’t videogames convalescing? Why does it think like we’re taking part in a similar video games, time and again? Why aren’t video games supporting us remodel our lives, like nice song, books, and flicks do? the matter is language. We nonetheless don’t know the way to speak about video game layout.
A compilation of key chapters from the pinnacle Focal online game artwork books to be had at the present time - within the parts of Max, Maya, Photoshop, and ZBrush. The chapters give you the CG Artist with an exceptional sampling of crucial innovations that each 3D artist must create lovely video game artwork. video game artists could be capable of grasp the modeling, rendering, rigging, and texturing recommendations they wish - with suggestion from Focal's most sensible and brightest authors.
Making games is a smart solution to exhibit your self, inform a humorous or spooky tale, and, after all, entertain your mates! better of all, you don’t desire fancy machine talents to create games—just this convenient e-book and some loose on-line instruments are sufficient to start your game-making trip. Make your personal games!
Extra info for Android: Programming for Developers
Android: Programming for Developers by John Horton,Helder Vasconcelos,Raul Portales